Hey, look! I baked a Brownie with meringue topping with Alicia from Unwined with Alicia .
Alicia is the person I go to for all things wine! After you check out our video, you should go take a look at her blog!
3 eggs (1 whole egg + 2 yolks, reserving the 2 egg whites)
1 ½ cups sugar
¾ cup flour
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
4 ¼ Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Whisk one whole egg and two egg yolks together. Add one cup of sugar and whisk for at least 10 minutes until clear and fluffy.
3. Sift flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together. Add to mixture and lightly stir.
4. Add butter to the mixture, and mix.
5. For the frosting, whip the 2 egg whites, adding half a cup of sugar until firm.
6. Grease an 8-inch springform pan and sprinkle with cocoa powder. 7. Pour batter into pan.
8. Pour the frosting onto the chocolate batter and smooth out with a spatula.
9. Bake brownies for about 45 minutes. (The frosting should be set, and if you stick a toothpick in the brownies, it should come out covered.)