Back to basics this week, friends!
I know, you probably looooove your mom’s banana bread recipe. “She makes the best one, I swear.” I’m right there with you. But, I’m here to give you your very own recipe.
No more calling mom.
You can do this.
Aaaaand, I added a ~fancy~ topping to make you look impressive AF.
So, the next time you have three overripe bananas (I swear bananas ripen at the most inconvenient of times), give this recipe a try.
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare loaf pan. (spray with cooking spray and line with parchment paper for easy release)
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Whisk eggs and add to butter and sugar.
- Add mashed bananas (I like to make sure there are minimal chunks in mine, but that’s up to you).
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined. Over mixing will make your loaf dense.
- Spoon into loaf pan, smooth, and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Cut butter into small pieces and add to the dry ingredients.
- Using your hands, pinch the topping until it becomes crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly on top of the loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and serve hot or cooled.
- Enjoy and be happy about how easy that was 🙂