This week I decided to try to make something I have no experience with at all—brigadeiro!
Brigadeiro are a traditional Brazilian truffle made from sweetened condensed milk, butter, and your flavour of choice. I decided to keep mine very simple by making chocolate brigadeiro.
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- sprinkles and/or coconut
- In a sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add condensed milk and cocoa powder.
- Heat while stirring constantly. The mixture will thicken. You want to cook it until you can see the bottom of the pan for 2-3 seconds after you drag your spoon across it. See photo below.
- Pour mixture into greased pan and chill for at least one hour.
- Grease hands and roll into balls. Coat with sprinkles, coconut or something else of your choice.
Mine came out a little flat (as you can see in the photo above). I think I’ll cook the mixture for a little longer next time. Although, they still came out delicious and didn’t last very long with my family around.
Thanks for reading!