Sometimes you have a bad day—or a bad week.
It’s okay, we all have them.
I’m not going to lie, this past week was rough for me. I have taken on a lot of extra work, and it’s starting to catch up with me.
Don’t feel bad for me, I’m managing, and I can get through it, but sometimes you need someone to help.
This week, help arrived in the form of a banana muffin.
I was on my third day of little to no sleep, and I came home after another 16 hour day to my mom baking banana muffins.
The smell was intoxicating.
It was late, and I needed to be at school for 8 a.m. the next morning, so I went to bed without having a muffin.
But as I lay there thinking about how early I needed to be up to get all my stuff together, I was comforted by the thought of a banana muffin in the morning.
Here’s our recipe for simple banana muffins:
- 3 overripe bananas
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- chocolate chips (totally optional, but they add to the comfort factor)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and prepare muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Mash your bananas with a fork or potato masher.
- Beat your one egg and add it to the mashed bananas with the sugar.
- Melt your butter and add it to the mixture. Stir.
- Sift and stir in dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into the muffin liners.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Thanks for reading!